Saturday 30 January 2016

Suarez seals Watford move


Mario Suarez is reunited with old Atletico Madrid boss Quique Sanchez Flores at Watford
Watford have completed the signing of Mario Suarez from Fiorentina on a four-and-a-half-year deal.
The Spain international midfielder joins for an undisclosed fee and is reunited with Quique Sanchez Flores, who managed him at Atletico Madrid.
And it was the lure of that reunion which persuaded Suarez to leave Italy barely six months after arriving from Atletico. '"He's a top trainer," Suarez said of Flores. "In every place that he has been he has done amazing work - Getafe, Valencia, Atletico Madrid, and everybody can see what he is doing here. I think it's important for me that he knows me and I know him.
"I have to give my best to play and to work, and Watford is doing an amazing season so I want to give my best to help the team.
"I am really excited, I want to start working to know all of my team-mates and to start playing for Quique, for the Watford fans and for the club.
"I spoke with Quique and he told me things about the club and the organisation, and I think that Watford is going in a very good direction. When I spoke with them I had a very clear idea that I wanted to play with Watford and now I am here."
Suarez won La Liga with Atletico in 2014, but his impact in Italy has been limited and he leaves after starting just five Serie A games and making 14 appearances in total.
The 28-year-old is Watford's third signing during the current window following deals for Costel Pantilimon and Nordin Amrabat.

No comments:

Post a Comment